Hair games

Thursday, November 20, 2014


Of all the beauty articles I read, I find hair transformation stories most interesting. I like to look at photos of celebs, with different hair colors and cuts they have tried over a span of several years.

I really do get bored with the same hair style or color a lot, and I don't even think twice when I want to go shorter, lighter or darker. In just a couple of years of the existence of this blog, I cut my hair short, did a perm, and now I'm trying to achieve a lighter more platinum shade. I'm not afraid to use color from a box, maybe because my natural hair color, ashy dark blonde, is very easy to change at home. 

With my habit to change things up so often, it makes sense to do hair color at home, and I also used to trim my bangs a lot. It saves both money and time. When my hair was long, I only went to the salon twice a year; now, I see my stylist every 2-3 months.

Since my hair has been color processed so many times, it's harder to keep the desired color; it washes off quickly, and gets a brassy tint. Especially, after I bleached my hair with L'Oreal Absolute Platinum (last pic below).

To tackle the yellow tinge, I use Color Save Silver Shampoo from Schwarzkopf and CC Brass Correcting Cream from Dessange. The CC cream is simply a miracle worker, and I highly recommend it if you want to get rid of yellow tint in your hair! It's also really affordable.


Статьи о разных экспериментах с цветом волос и стрижками были всегда моими самыми любимыми, я обожаю просматривать фотографии звезд и моделей и наблюдать за их перевоплощениями. Сама я всегда была достаточно импульсивна и шла в салон с волосами длиной до талии, чтобы сделать стрижку под мальчика или красила светлые волосы в огненно-рыжий цвет.

Я чаще всего крашусь дома, для меня это экономия времени и денег. Единственное, что я делаю в салоне - мелирование (две первые фото). Когда я ношу длинные волосы, то подравниваю их сама. Обычно я хожу к парикмахеру два раза в год, с короткой стрижкой - около 4 раз. 

Сейчас я хочу добиться платинового оттенка. Когда я обесцветила волосы краской Absolute Platinum от L'Oreal, то цвет получился желтее, чем я ожидала, а я вообще не люблю, когда мои волосы теряют пепельный оттенок. Чем чаще я крашу волосы, тем быстрее это происходит, с мелированием, например, у меня такой проблемы не было.

В этот раз после окраски меня очень выручил Dessange СС-крем для коррекции медного оттенка, я купила его вслепую, можно сказать, и ничуть не жалею. И фиолетовый шампунь, конечно, приобрела. После нескольких статей в интернете я выбрала Шварцкопф. Раньше такими средствами я ни разу не пользовалась и сейчас понимаю, что очень даже зря. 



The darker the shampoo, the more effective it is. These are the top rated silver shampoos ( I use Color Save):


I highly recommend Dessange CC cream, it's effective and works fast:


Affordable Fashion Blog from Chicago